Me Saying Stuff. Randomly. Sporadically. Incoherently.

Monday, March 27, 2006

50 scariest movies of all time

I put this list up more for my sake, so maybe i'll go out and rent the ones i have not seen.

50. Arachnophobia
49. The Innocents
48. The Other
47. Freaks
46. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
45. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
44. The Wicker Man
43. The Blob
42. 28 Days Later
41. Ghost Story
40. Rosemary’s Baby
39. The Brood
38. Eraserhead
37. The Amityville Horror
36. The Devil’s Backbone
35. Jeepers Creepers
34. Pet Sematary
33. Open Water
32. Nightmare on Elm Street
31. The Fly
30. Salem’s Lot
29. Gates of Hell
28. Altered States
27. Session 9
26. Scream
25. Mothman Prophecies
24. Videodrome
23. Seven
22. War of the Worlds
21. Saw
20. Event Horizon
19. Janghwa, Hongryeon
18. The Silence of the Lambs
17. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
16. Hellraiser
15. In the Mouth of Madness
14. The Changeling
13. Jacob’s Ladder
12. Jaws
11. The Exorcist
10. Quartermass and the Pit
9. The Shining
8. Halloween
7. Evil Dead II
6. Dawn of the Dead
5. Alien
4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
3. The Ring
2. Ju-on
1. The Thing

27/50 Can anyone beat me? of course, this list is flawed. like, where is near dark? phantasm? lost highway? the vanashing? the omen? carrie? the stepfather?
psycho? oh well.

Oh, and i put new songs on purevolume two days ago, in case you want to check it out

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about 'It'? That movie freaked me out, although I was only 9 when I watched it....I checked out purevolume and everyone here thinks you have some talent...and some nice hair...

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Ian said...

Hey man, 28/30 but you're right a bunch of the classics are missing. Personally 'Saw' wasn't actually that scary..'Saw 2' i had a problem watching, however. That and movies like Rosemary's baby probably were scary when they were made but are quite comical to mock in this era. The devil, in the movie is played by a werewolf who basically has sex with this women while people chant and watch, and then she has the baby who's all evil and such. Kinda wierd. Anyway good music by the way

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Nav said...

Skoch,

I'm pretty much in love with your band.

2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man you need to see the new hills have eyes movie its axsome like i have seen some good gore in my day but this was the greatest gore i have seen in years.

12:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOHOOO.....7-1! Did you see that game davey....it makes me high, I'm gonna have the best day ever today! Yeah Oilers!

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Natalie Jill said...

Does it count if I spent half the movie with my hands over my eyes, under a blanket or with my coat over my head?

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home