Me Saying Stuff. Randomly. Sporadically. Incoherently.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Life's a bummer (when your a hummer)

And the blabbel starts now!!!!

I wonder what the world would be like if Christian music was any good?
I mean, it just iritates me that if Kurt Cobain can reach millions of people without having anything to crazy to say (except here we are now, entertain us), why can't a Christian reach millions of people?
I guess its cause we have something to say.

Except DC talks Jesus freak, that song was great (album was great only by christian standards).

I mean, i wouldn't show my atheist friends any Christian music, not because i'm ashamed of Christ, but because i'm ashamed of Christianity. I'm ashamed at how we suck at most things. (Remember kids! "suck" is a relative term", what i think sucks might be great for you!)

Who are we kidding, Christian music sucks.

Oh, and tons more people joined our schools choir. I'm trying to be all like, good for you guys! Have fun praising God, i hope you get a lot out of it!!

Truth is,all my mind i saying is:I WANT TO CHANGE THE FREAKING WORLD, WHO'S WITH ME?
Then pick up your guitars, check the mirror to make sure your still a suburbanite, and head over to your local bar to play a gig.

And also, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is beautiful, but Nine Inch Nails original version made kids pull heroin needles out of there arms.
Funny how satanist can make better use of Gods gift of rock and roll. Brings a tear to my eye.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.o.d had a sweet hint of glory and are said to be making an uber axsome new album plus theres blindside and everybody and there dog loves underoath. and i think that hurt comment was a bit of an exageration if you are going to pull the needle out you are not addictied.

9:45 PM

 
Blogger Ian said...

I totally agree Skoch man, it's not even funny how badly christian music has sucked throughout the years. I think switchfoot enjoys some glory as being a pretty good christian band but in the bigger scheme of things it's just not enough. You're hitting on a sensitive subject here too because it's amazing how much of today's youth is influenced by the latest music video or buy the coolest t shirt cuz "50 cent" or "Jay-Z" wore it or somebody like that. But how often do you wear someone say "I bought a robe cuz some priest wore it in a semi catastrophic video about some church related thing." I dono thats just my opinion we need to pump up the volume and play stuff that people will listen to to get the word out. Also one thing i find that is hardly in any christian videos is the bible. Check that shit out man, it's hardly in there. I think if we had good music and included a little props out to the Bible i think the reaction would be similar to those to when spice girls started to sing and that kind of..slut-fashion became popular. I don't know if anything i said made any sense all i'm saying is to get people to listen i agree man we have to stop serving them CRAP to their ears. Rock on, i'll play a gig. With my euphonium! WE LOVE YOU WISCONSIN!! Lol. Alright i'm done my comment rant in response to your post-rant.

7:19 AM

 
Blogger Nav said...

I think that the majority of Christian music is pretty crappy,
and most teens will never listen to it. However, I think it's pushing it to say that all of it sucks. I personally like some of it, just not all of it. Mae, Lifehouse, Switchfoot, Creed are all pretty good.

11:55 AM

 
Blogger ~m said...

i love you more than i can say because you talk about this stuff. i am already missing your sweet, sweet noise coming through my floor. come home soon. also, i watched "the apartment". without you.

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home