Me Saying Stuff. Randomly. Sporadically. Incoherently.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

the Road to Morocco

The oilers never cease to impress me, doing another NHL first yesturday night (first nhl team to ever score shorthanded in overtime in the finals). Oh fernando, you make me so proud. Also, the oilers got 11 out of a possible 12 home games in this playoff run. which accounts for 20 million dollars we otherwise would not have gotten. so yeah! go oilers!

almost done my song list.

10. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
When i was 13 i wrote out all the words to this song, trying to memorize it. also one of the first songs i ever learnt on guitar. also its gorgeous
9. Tuesdays Gone - Lynyrd Skynrd
My all time favourite song to just jam along to, i guess cause its so long. I wish i new someone who could play piano like the guy in skynrd can
8. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
I was insanly proud when i learnt how to play this on guitar, its such a beautiful melody. Jimi could make up this wonderful chord voicings that no one has ever been really able to copy.
7. Comfortable Numb - Pink Floyd
Contains the first solo i ever learnt, and a solo that i'm still trying to learn to this day. David Gilmour could do this crazy bends and sustain notes forever, i really like the contrast in the singing of waters-gilmour.
6. Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
I remember i learnt how to play this song, then i was playing open the eyes in church and i realised that it was the exact same song. Of course yellow ledbetter could kick the crap out of anybody doing open the eyes, but thats just one mans opinion. The solo has such a simple use of the E major pentatonic scale, which is probably way it rocks, its so simple.

Only one more post, then i'm done

Also i'm at 64 on the afi movie list. (plus i have chinatown and all about eve just waiting to be watched).

Also resident evil 4 scares the bajabers out of me.

Skoch

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

is that how u spell bajeberz?... what does that word supposed to mean neway?

I like ur explination of the last 5...anxious for #1.... 'cept knowing me. I've probly never heard it.

have a good one kid! ;)

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Brent said...

This has nothing to do with your blog at all. Although I really enjoyed your music list. Anyways I emailed you once but I don't think you got it so maybe I have the wrong email address. So my number is 998-2957. I don't know what your phone number is and it might be useful if you cold send that to me.

9:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

need more riffs.

and a keyboard.. i'll make skyryd look like a toddler on.. one of those kids xylophone toys..

christof

7:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do ya miss me yet? I miss yooooouuuuuuuuuuu!!

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home